BMW X3 vs BMW X1
At BMW of Westchester, we look forward to helping drivers find their next car. Comparing the BMW X3 vs BMW X1, you’ll find two SUVs meant for the roads of Westchester County and Yonkers. Technically, the BMW brand calls their SUVs Sports Activity Vehicles (SAV®), but they are indeed SUVs at heart.
In this comparison we’ll compare the BMW X3 vs the BMW X1, so you’ll have a better idea about what these two vehicles bring to the table. Contact us today to get started.
There are a pair of powertrain options available in the X3.
- The base engine is a 248 horsepower turbocharged 4-cylinder, which feels sprightly and energetic regardless of the road you’re on.
- If you want a bit more power, you’re going to want to choose the turbocharged V6 engine, which generates 355 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque. This allows you to go from 0 to 60 MPH in less than five seconds.
When it comes to the BMW X3 vs X1, the BMW X1 is certainly powerful in its own right.
- It comes with a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, which makes 228 horsepower. Mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission, this vehicle also features Sport and Manual shift modes, giving you more control over how your drive feels.
These vehicles perform well at the pump, too.
- The X3 receives an EPA-estimated 23 MPG city/30 MPG highway with its entry-level engine. The X1 gets 23 MPG city/32 MPG highway with its base engine. For you, that means less time spent at the pump and more time enjoying the open roads.
Step inside the cabin, and you’ll quickly see what makes the BMW family of vehicles so welcoming.
- Both the X3 and X1 come with the iDrive 6.0 system, with an on-board computer, controller, and programmable memory buttons.
- The 6.5-inch screen is large enough for you to be able to see what song you’re playing, or where you’re heading next with the map functionality.
- The X1 comes standard with Apple CarPlay® compatibility, with a 1-year trial. With just a few taps, you’ll have your iPhone® linked to the iDrive system, where you’ll be able to read text messages, listen to podcasts, or find your destination.
- Both vehicles come with a 3-spoke leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel, too. Control the audio system, Bluetooth® wireless communication, and cruise control without having to take your hands off the wheel.
These are the kinds of features that can make your ride more pleasant—the features you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
- When comparing the BMW X3 vs X1, both vehicles feature the Advanced Vehicle & Key Memory, remembering your recent climate control and mirror settings, along with radio presets.
- Of course, you’ll have a rear-view camera, too. This camera helps you see what’s going on behind the car when you’re backing up.
BMW X3 vs BMW X1: The Verdict
At BMW of Westchester, our sales team is here to help you find that next ride for Westchester County and Yonkers trips.
Test drive the X3 and the X1 here at our dealership and find out which SAV® is the right fit for your lifestyle.